The Greater Nashville Area, including Sumner County, has seen a huge rise in the housing market! It is a great time to sell in Middle Tennessee. While selling your home can be an exciting process, it is important to consider a few things before making the decision to sell.
At Southern Realty Partners, we believe in making the selling experience as easy and seamless as possible. Here are a few tips that we believe can help with that process:
1. Do Your Homework on Your Agent
It is important to make sure that the agent you choose to help you sell and/or buy your home is going to help you and make the process as simple as possible. It is important to make sure that the agent that you chose not only possesses the skills needed to sell your home, but also the personality that matches your needs. Some questions that are good to ask a potential agent are:
• What some innovative ways you can market my house?
• Are you subscribed to all social media outlets to help promote my home? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Zillow, Realtor.com, etc)
• Do you have connections/relationships with local vendors if there are repairs that need to be done to my home?
• What do you expect of me?
• What is the average time I can expect to move from listing my home to a contract?
• What is your closing success rate?
• What has been successful in the past, for you, with a similar listing to my home?
2. Prep Your Home to Sell Faster
There are tons of great tips to take into consideration to help your home show well to potential buyers, helping you sell your home quickly!
• Update the interior and exterior – Think about installing new lighting fixtures, touching up paint, updating your landscaping, and more. There are a lot of great things that you can do that are cost effective making your home look great!
• Clean and declutter – Try to minimalize any knickknacks and furniture within the home. This helps the home look open and inviting!
• Depersonalize – Take down any personal family photos, or personal influences, throughout the home. You want the buyer to be able to envision themselves in the home, which can be more difficult with personal items still in the home.
• Fix things that are obviously broken – While things might seem minor to you, a potential buyer might think that the home hasn’t been maintained well if there are things wrong throughout the home.
• Stage the house to show how rooms are supposed to be used – If you have rooms that don’t have a specific use, stage them to give them one. Such as an odd alcove off of the kitchen designated as a pantry.
• Make the property easy to show. – Haver a game plan ready for showings to happen quickly. It is best to be prepared to show the house early in the morning, on weekends, and even at night.
3. Get Pre-Approved for a Home Loan
Many clients that we talk to think that you have to wait until you have and offer on your current home and have found a new house before you start the process of obtaining a loan, but it is actually the opposite. Finding out your financing options up front helps in deciding if the timing is right for you to list your current house, what you can afford in a new home, and gives you piece of mind knowing that when you put in an offer on a home, you have the financing ready to back you up.
This also helps to avoid finding out too late that circumstances of financials might have changed, not allowing the client to qualify for a loan, therefore making it not the right time to list or buy.
Hopefully these tips will be useful for you if you are currently thinking about selling your home. If you are ready to take the next steps, we would love for you to “Partner with Southern”, and give us a call today!